Build a better career in weeks
Your next step, your new promotion, your career progression. Make your mark on the built environment by studying an 8-week Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course in Construction Project Management.
Tap into a modern, forward-thinking university with a global reputation for graduate employability. Benefit from a worldwide reputation for excellence in teaching and research, and learn to understand the systems and processes necessary for successful construction project management outcomes. In just 8 weeks of study, you will develop the specialist skills you need to make calculated decisions and break new boundaries. What’s more, because it’s 100% online, you can achieve all this without putting your existing commitments on hold.
Did you know construction development is on the up, and with it the demand for qualified project managers? With this course, you’ll be set up for one of the 87.7 million project management-based roles expected by 2027.1
As well as the specialist knowledge you will gain, you’ll also receive a CPD certificate upon completion. This can be added straight to your CV – highlighting your new skillset to employers to give you an upper hand in a competitive career market.
Whatever your goal, your studies will deepen your knowledge of the principles of project management, enabling you to spearhead new construction projects of your own.
I chose this course because I believe knowledge is very important, not just to focus on my job but to gain an understanding of what is behind the job. My belief is that we should never stop learning.
Orlando Catinari, Online MSc Construction Project Management
Find your CPD course
Select from a range of career-focused short courses in Construction Project Management:
Contemporary Construction Themes
Advance your awareness of today’s construction industry and the employability aspects of this ever-growing sector.
Appraise and examine routes to procurement, establishing a project team and objectives to execute a project plan, proactively negotiating any risks and constraints.
Analyse case law and develop an appreciation of contract rights and responsibilities, furthering your ability to give reasoned professional construction contract advice.
Legal Rights and Responsibilities
Study the framework of legal process and decision making, expanding your understanding of the essential legal rights and responsibilities of construction professionals.
Evaluate ways in which project stakeholders can work more effectively together, drawing on synchronous and asynchronous communication systems.
Construction Health and Safety
Understand the need for proactive health and safety management during the planning and execution of construction projects.
Lean Project Production
Explore the philosophy of lean project production, understanding its practices, challenges and practical applications in a variety of contexts.
Learn how to estimate and cost a building project, appreciating the factors influencing the value and timescales across the project lifecycle.
Managing Organisations and People
Study the organisational and management environment, evaluate new management theories and practices, and investigate human resource issues.
Corporate Strategy and Finance
Understand the strategies necessary to manage the economic and financial elements of a construction business, assessing and applying practical decision-making aids.
Managing Construction Projects
Explore different construction project environments and learn to manage every stage of a project, including health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Design Appreciation and Planning
Expand your knowledge of project design and the individuals who contribute towards it, appreciating the impact of regulations, costs and completion time on the outcome.
- Start dates:
Please speak to us to find out more
- Requirements include:
- At least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject or a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience
- International students must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any of the elements.
Why study a CPD course at NTU?
- Top 10 in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning2
- Winner of the Green Gown award for outstanding leadership in sustainability3
- A strong reputation for teaching and research with close links to the construction industry
- Flexible study in a 100% online environment
If you would like to take your construction management career to the next level, you may wish to enrol in a full Online MSc in Construction Project Management. This covers all of the courses above, across a 2.5 year programme of study. Learn the benefits of a full masters degree.
- UNKNOWN (2017) Job Growth and Talent Gap | 2017 - 2027. Project Management Institute [online] Available at: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/job-growth-report.pdf [Accessed 16.09.2020]
- UNKOWN (2020) University guide 2020 league table for building and town and country planning. The Guardian [online] Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-guide-2020-league-table-for-building-and-town-and-country-planning [Accessed 16.09.2020]
- UNKNOWN (2019) 2019 Winners. Green Gown Awards [online] Available at: https://www.greengownawards.org/2019-winnersjkjoiwe [Accessed 16.09.2020]